Witchy Finger Sugar Cookies
My daughter and I were looking at some Halloween recipes and came across one that we just fell in love with! We made a lot of family memories with this easy and fun cookie!
1 stick Butter, room temperature
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract
2 1/2-3 cups All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour and the baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract to the creamy mixture. Take half of the dry mixture and add to the wet mixture. Stir to combine. Add the rest of the flour mixture to well combined. Make dough into a ball and let chill in the refrig for 1 hour.
To make cookie:
- Take a heaping teaspoon of dough and form it into a ball.
- Roll out like a snake (about 5 inches). Cut it in half. Take one piece and roll it out a little longer.
- Gently press the dough into the center to make the knuckle. Press the knuckle part down a little. Score with a knife with 3 or 4 lines.
- Press an almond slice at the top of the finger, for the finger nail. Score two lines right below the finger nail.
- You can lightly dust the knuckles with cocoa powder before baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Just until the top look cooked but not brown.
For a great tutorial, you may go here.
Tip: Before putting the nail on, you can put some red gel icing on the bed of the nail and then press the nail on.