Easy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
8-10 Soft Taco size Tortilla Shells 1 cup Sour Cream
2 cups Chicken, shredded 1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded 1/2 tsp Pepper
3 tbsp Butter 1 tsp Onion Powder
2 tbsp Cornstarch 1 tsp Garlic Powder
2 cups Chicken Broth 1 tsp Cumin
1 clove of Garlic, minced 1 tsp Lime Juice
1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix in the chicken, 1 cup of cheese and garlic. Roll the mixture into the tortillas and place in the pan.
3. In a sauce pan--melt the butter and stir in the cornstarch and cook for one minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Keep over heat until it bubbles and becomes thick. Stir in sour cream, jalapenos, lime, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. DO NOT let it boil.
4. Pour mixture over tortilla shells and top with the last cup of cheese.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese has browned.